2012-03-23

Denise Julia Reytan

I was searching on Klimt02 and found Denise's jewellery is intructed me a lots. Those her works and statement I found from the webite.








Denise's Statement:
Exciting materials, bright colours, sensual materiality and extraordinary forms deeply fascinates me.
This fascination is the basis, the essential mix, upon which my jewellery is growing.

For me, my works are like poems on the body, a poetry in objects. Colours and shapes forming sentences and signs, playing and communicating together and merging into new formations.
Through the effect of colours, materials and shapes, an independent, artificial and self-explanatory image
should develop and turn the wearer into a breathtaking painting.

Furthermore, my necklaces are about the unconditional beauty of colours, shapes, materials and about decorative equality. My necklaces are made of materials which fascinate me, of objects from everyday life, consumption and the environment, which represents me, my culture and the time I am living in.

I am working in different directions and searching for ways to combine diverse disciplines like painting, installation, fashion, graphic and jewellery into something new. That helps me to reflect "authentic me" and the culture I´m living in.

The restrictions of conventional jewellery form the background against which I develop my own, individual language of form, trying to find a new definition of jewellery as well as a new place for it in today's society.

Moreover, I am questioning the boundaries between precious and non-precious. I am interested in the transformation of precious into non-precious and of non-precious into preciousness. But the question also is one about the ideal and intrinsic value of objects and their importance. For me jewellery is an inner expression, individual statement and an identification of the own personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment